Controller of personal data collections
The National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia (hereinafter referred to as: the National Bank), based in Blvd. “Kuzman Josifovski Pitu” No. 1, 1000, Skopje, Republic of North Macedonia is a personal data controller.
Data processing objectives
The National Bank processes personal data in order to achieve the legal goals, tasks, obligations and powers for protecting the life or health of the people/employees, protecting the property of the institution, as well as fulfilling an agreement where the data subject is a contracting party, or to take action at the request of the data subject prior to its accession to the contract.
Whose data are we processing?
The National Bank processes data related to the following categories of entities:
- visitors of our website www.nbrm.mk;
- borrowers, guarantors, related parties, depositors, collateral lenders, recipients of loro and nostro remittances, inflows in Denar payment operations and remitters of funds in Denar payment operations;
- shareholders, founders, persons with special rights and responsibilities;
- users of services from fast money transfer service providers;
- persons with savings deposits from the Bank for Foreign Trade AD Skopje;
- persons authorized to perform exchange operations and fast money transfer service;
- owners of government securities;
- persons authorized to collect banknotes and coins for numismatic purposes and to purchase jubilee coins, to collect and deposit cash and valuables, bills of exchange and control stamps for alcohol and cigarettes, as well as to perform activities related to receiving and issuing depots and foreign currency;
- persons deprived of valuables and precious metals, domestic and foreign effective money, checques, monetary gold and securities;
- donors of banknotes and coins which are unsuitable for circulation and which have been withdrawn from circulation;
- visitors to the National Bank;
- holders of transaction accounts that make payments through the real time gross settlement system - Macedonian Interbank Payment System (MIPS);
- authorized officials by MIPS participants;
- creditors to state bodies and executors of court decisions,
- interns, workers and appointed persons in the National Bank;
- persons performing activities or providing services, who are not employed by the National Bank,
- perpetrators of misdemeanors;
- persons to whom the state bodies pay foreign currency abroad;
- users of telephone extensions through which transactions in the financial markets are concluded and settled.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data through various channels, such as:
- via your use of our website, including the application forms;
- via our e-mail address: [email protected];
- via mail;
- from other controllers via internet or private electronic-communication connection;
- via video surveillance.
Categories of personal data users and transfer to third countries
The personal data processing activities are performed by authorized employees in the National Bank.
We do not share your data with third parties, except in the following cases:
- in the case of hiring service providers - personal data processors who are bound to act in accordance with the instructions of the National Bank to ensure appropriate protection of personal data amid providing those services;
- at the request of a court, the Ministry of Interior or other bodies to exercise their competencies, if there is a legal basis;
The National Bank does not transfer personal data to entities in third countries, except for natural persons to whom the state authorities pay foreign currency abroad.
Storage time of collected data
The data we collect is stored in accordance with the law and the period required to achieve the purpose of the processing, unless circumstances require longer storage (e.g. to investigate a virus or malicious attack using the National Bank website, to investigate a breach of the physical security of the National Bank, as well as other cases for which according to the law it is necessary to provide evidence).
What are your rights?
Your rights regarding personal data processing are:
- the right to be informed about personal data processing;
- the right of access to personal data;
- the right to correction and deletion of personal data;
- the right to restrict personal data processing;
- the right to an appeal.
If you have given consent to the National Bank for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the legality of the processing that was based on the consent before it was withdrawn.
For additional information and/or exercising your rights to personal data protection, you can contact our personal data protection officers: Lihnida Sajkova Djukleska and Robert Lakinski in the following e-mail address: [email protected] or by submitting a written request through the National Bank Archive.
The right to submit a request to the Personal Data Protection Agency
If you consider that the manner in which the National Bank processes your personal data violates the provisions of the Law on Personal Data Protection, you can submit a request to Personal Data Protection Agency as a supervisory body.