Controller of personal data collections
The National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia (hereinafter referred to as: the National Bank), based in Blvd. “Kuzman Josifovski Pitu” No. 1, 1000, Skopje, Republic of North Macedonia is a personal data controller.
Data processing objectives
The National Bank processes personal data in order to achieve the legal goals, tasks, obligations and powers for protecting the life or health of the people/employees, protecting the property of the institution, as well as fulfilling an agreement where the data subject is a contracting party, or to take action at the request of the data subject prior to its accession to the contract.
Whose data are we processing?
The National Bank processes data related to the following categories of entities:
- participants in trainings, conferences and events and visitors to the National Bank website;
- persons to whom credit exposure has been established and guarantors;
- borrowers, guarantors, connected parties, depositors, collateral lenders, recipients of loro remittances and orderers of nostro remittances, recipients and remitters of funds in denar payment operations;
- shareholders, depositors, borrowers and persons with special rights and responsibilities;
- users of services from money transfer providers;
- persons having savings deposits from the Foreign Trade Bank AD Skopje;
- currency exchange operators and money transfer providers;
- holders of government securities;
- persons authorized to collect banknotes and coins for numismatic purposes and to purchase commemorative coins, to collect and deposit cash and valuables, bills of exchange and tobacco and alcohol tax stamps, and to perform activities related to receiving and issuing depots/warehouses and foreign currency;
- persons carrying banknotes and coins unfit for circulation and withdrawn from circulation;
- persons moving in the National Bank protected area;
- officers authorized by MIPS participants and transaction account holders who make payments through the real time gross settlement system - Macedonian Interbank Payment System (MIPS);
- creditors to government authorities or other legal entities that hold accounts with the National Bank and bodies authorized to execute court decisions;
- workers and appointees in the National Bank, interns and other persons to whom remuneration is paid;
- perpetrators of misdemeanors;
- persons to whom government authorities pay foreign currency abroad;
- users of telephone extensions to conclude and settle transactions on financial markets;
- persons who have concluded a loan agreement with non-residents/residents and invested in/from abroad;
- natural persons submitting motions and complaints;
- persons whistleblowers and persons for whom there is suspicion or knowledge that they have performed, perform or will perform punishable, unethical or other unlawful or inadmissible activity that violates or endangers the public interest.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data through various channels, such as:
- via your use of our website, including the application forms;
- via our e-mail address: [email protected];
- via mail;
- from other controllers via internet or private electronic-communication connection;
- via video surveillance.
Categories of personal data users and transfer to third countries
The personal data processing activities are performed by authorized employees in the National Bank.
We do not share your data with third parties, except in the following cases:
- in the case of hiring service providers - personal data processors who are bound to act in accordance with the instructions of the National Bank to ensure appropriate protection of personal data amid providing those services;
- at the request of a court, the Ministry of Interior or other bodies to exercise their competencies, if there is a legal basis;
The National Bank does not transfer personal data to entities in third countries, except for natural persons to whom the state authorities pay foreign currency abroad.
Storage time of collected data
The data we collect is stored in accordance with the law and the period required to achieve the purpose of the processing, unless circumstances require longer storage (e.g. to investigate a virus or malicious attack using the National Bank website, to investigate a breach of the physical security of the National Bank, as well as other cases for which according to the law it is necessary to provide evidence).
What are your rights?
Your rights regarding personal data processing are:
- the right to be informed about personal data processing;
- the right of access to personal data;
- the right to correction and deletion of personal data;
- the right to restrict personal data processing;
- the right to an appeal.
If you have given consent to the National Bank for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the legality of the processing that was based on the consent before it was withdrawn.
For additional information and/or exercising your rights to personal data protection, you can contact our personal data protection officers.
The right to submit a request to the Personal Data Protection Agency
If you consider that the manner in which the National Bank processes your personal data violates the provisions of the Law on Personal Data Protection, you can submit a request to Personal Data Protection Agency as a supervisory body.